Player Conduct Guideline Version 3.0.1 (CoC)
Pirate Galaxy Rules & Regulations
See Pirate Galaxy Policies & Information for more information
The following is a simple code of conduct that players must consider when interacting in any game developed my Splitscreen studios. Failure to comply with these rules may result in actions taken against your account.
Not knowing the rules is no excuse. Players are the Masters of their behavior and the image they give of themselves in the game. Furthermore, you are responsible for everything that happens on your account, and you can not justify this excuse if you leave your game session open while you are away.
In order that the game takes place in the best conditions for each Player, it is recommended to adopt a correct attitude. It is thus strictly prohibited:
1. You must not harass (a), threaten (b) or otherwise “grief” (c) players in anyway.
(a) harass: Covers a wide range of offensive behavior. It is commonly understood as behavior intended to disturb or upset, and it is characteristically repetitive. In the legal sense, it is intentional behavior which is found threatening or disturbing.
(b) Threats: A threat is an act of coercion wherein an act is proposed to elicit a negative response. It is a communicated intent to inflict harm or loss on another person. Threats made towards another Pilot will not be tolerated.
This will result in immediate Jailing of 1 Week & Possible Ban of All Pilot accounts
(c) “Grief”: Griefing is the act of chronically causing grief to other members of an online community, or more specifically, intentionally disrupting the immersion of another player in their game play
2. Use of offensive language in such as those that are of a racist nature, obscene, sexual, abusive, Drug use, real life threatening or anti-religious are strictly forbidden and will be punished accordingly ranging from warnings, muting, jailing or permanent banning depending on severity.
Since harassment and offensive language is a broad term that can be interpretable in many ways, it is up to the discretion of the senior staff members to decide what or would be deemed as harassing or offensive to a reasonable person. It is strongly recommended that you do not use these subjects for the purpose of mockery or in an aggressive way; and even less to incite or inflame others to use the same type of chat:
* Illegal content (cheat, pirating - Illegal copying, use or distribution of Software or Materials)
* Discrimination (misogyny, homophobia, violation of human dignity etc)
The Penalty for violating Rules 1 or 2 is Tier Based – The more you violate them the more severe your Penalty. Penalty starts with a Warning. On your 3rd Warning you will be muted for a period of time. On your 4th Warning/2nd Mute you will be put on a Habitual Offender Standing & also go to Jail for a period of time. Should you get to a 7th Violation, Your account may/will be permanently banned from all Splitscreen Studios Games.
3. You must not use or transmit any content which is protected by intellectual property laws unless you own these rights or have procured the necessary permissions. You will be liable for any legal implications that result from any infringements of copyright, trademarks and any other proprietary rights.
4. Impersonating any past or present employees of Splitscreen Studios or any if its affiliates is strictly forbidden.
5. You must not use any of Splitscreen Studio owned games or websites for commercial purposes such as advertising.
6. Transferring or trading of accounts in Splitscreen Studio owned games are strictly forbidden as all virtual property within Splitscreen Studio owned games belongs to Splitscreen studio or its affiliates.
(This includes Account Sharing – Use of Account by other than Registered Player of that account).
No Pilot Alive or Dead shall Give his account to Anyone
7. You must not organize or be a member of any groups or clans that facilitate or are based on racist, anti-religious or other hate based philosophies. It is also forbidden to do anything that is a threat to the game or interferes with the gaming and game play of the game
8. You must not modify the game client in any way or attempt to hack or otherwise interfere with any data transmissions to and from the servers servicing any Splitscreen Studio games.
The Penalty for violating Rules 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8, is Immediate Jailing of Your Player Account for an Indefinate period of time, possibly followed within 72 hours with a Permanent Account Banishment from All Splitscreen Studios Games. There is/will not be any Grounds for Appeal for Violating any of these 4 Rules.
Violation of Rule 6 will result in not only the Banishment of the Shared Account, but also Banishment of the Accounts of all Players involved in the Account Sharing.
9. Exploiting Missions, Bugs or any other facets of Pirate Galaxy that are not related to fair Game Play i.e.: to increase War Score, Ladder Rank Climbing, Pilot Ranking etc is not allowed
10. Clan Jumping for the Purpose of doing CQ (Conquests) is not allowed. The Clan Admirals may be held liable for anyone jumping to their clan solely for the purpose of doing a CQ. This will be considered a Cheat as well as an Exploitation of CQ. Pilots doing it will also be punished
Note: This Rule was created back in October, 2011. This rule was created due to 3 pilots who were leaving their clan to not only Join another clan for a CQ, but also paying the Price for that clan to be sselected for the CQ to fight their original clan. In doing so, clans that legitimately paid the log file price for being in a CQ were forced out of the running for it.
The Clan in question at the time only had 1 member eligible to do the upper level (Sol / Draconis) CQ & was joined by members from another clan that also paid for the ability to do the CQ. Due to this type of clan jumping, they had manipulated the CQ to where this 1 little clan & their original clan were both chosen to do the CQ in which their main clan would land yet not fight giving the other smaller clan the CQ Victory.
After the CQ or even after the clans were chosen, these pilots would jump back into their other clan as if nothing happened.
11. You must not operate or play on any servers that operate Splitscreen Studio owned games that is not also operated by Splitscreen Studio.
12. You must not hold Splitscreen Studios or its affiliate responsible for any loss of data or virtual property or usage resulting from information passed between players or server stability such as restarts and crashes; both of which are out of our control.
13. You must provide clear, high resolution screens shot evidence that is Date & Time Stamped (F11 Key) of any offence that you wish to report. No Action will be taken on an offense without conclusive Date & Time Stamped (F11 Key) evidence provided by the reporter. Investigations will not be initiated without proper initial screenshot evidence. How to Make a Screenshot
We reserve the right to record all information on player activities in order to verify player claims, troubleshoot technical issues and for policy enforcement. We are within our rights to keep this information confidential unless warranted by a court of law to provide evidence.
We reserve the right to amend or change these player conduct guidelines without your consent and at any time. The Community will then be informed in "News & Announcements” on the forum and by an In-Game Announcement.
If you do not wish to accept any of the articles detailed within this player conduct guideline please desist from playing any game owned or operated by Splitscreen Studios.
These codes are not all inclusive and other actions may also be determined as abuse by Staff Members of Splitscreen Studios and its affiliates.
© Copyright Pirate Galaxy GM Team. All rights reserved.